Today I will share with you an easy and delicious Filipino food – Adobo.
But in this recipe we will be combining two ingredients that are usually made in separate adobo recipes. We will make pork and chicken liver adobo.
Normally you may cook it with pork only. There is also a recipe where you can use chicken liver only. Today, I will show you that you can combine the two to get a savory adobo with the added flavor from the chicken liver.
I hope you like it!
- 1/2 kilo pork, cut to cubes
- 1 kilo chicken liver
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 4-5 pcs bay leaves
- 1 piece of chilli
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion.
- When the aromatics are nice and cooked, we then add the pork.
- Sauté it for a bit. Crack some pepper corns and splash some liquid seasoning. Make the meat absorb the flavor of the aromatics and seasoning.
- Take 2-3 pieces of chicken liver and cook it with the meat. This will be dissolved and form part of the soup to thicken and add flavor.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in low heat.
- Next we add 1/2 cup of soy sauce and 1/2 cup of vinegar. You can adjust this to your taste later.
- Add the rest of the chicken liver, and cover it to cook.
- When the liver is almost cooked, add one chilli for additional aroma.
- Cover it for a few minutes, and then it is ready to serve.
I made a quick youtube video on this recipe to help guide you in cooking it.
I hope you liked it!
If you like this post, please follow my blog or subscribe to my youtube channel. I make cooking, baking and mostly homeliving videos, but I sometimes post vlogs.
Thank you very much for reading!