Tinola is a Filipino chicken soup, best served with rice.
On March 20, 2021, tinola trended on Twitter from people arguing on the taste (or lack of taste) of tinola.
It all started when someone tweeted that it tastes like water.
I do not agree that tinola is tasteless.
In this post, I will show you how to make tasty, and delicious chicken Tinola.
- 1 whole chicken, chopped
- 2 pcs sayote (green papaya can also be used)
- Ginger, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Garlic, sliced
- 1 chicken broth cube
- Pepper, to taste
- Patis (fish sauce), to taste
- Chilli leaves and long chilli
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the ginger and saute it as well. Ginger adds more flavor to the soup.
- Put in the chicken, and saute it as well.
- Add some pepper and patis to taste
- When the chicken is properly cooked, add water and let it boil. To make a more tasty dish, you can use chicken broth instead of water. For this recipe, we will use water and chicken broth cubes.
- Cover the pot and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Then we add the sayote, and cover it again to cook the vegetables.
- Add one chicken broth cube.
- You can adjust the taste of the soup to your liking by adding more patis.
- When the soup is almost done, add the sili leaves and also siling haba.
- The soup is ready to serve.
Here is a video I made on the recipe:
If you liked this post, please follow my blog!
Please subscribe to my youtube channel and don’t forget to ring that notification bell so you will be updated when I upload new videos.
Thank you very much for watching!